Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We're All In This Together

Since starting my blog I have heard from a few grandmas out there that have been through the heartbreak of having to stand by while a child of theirs got the news that their own baby was sick.

They have had to wait and pray and be strong enough to be the mom their child needed while trying not to register their own pain and fear for the little life that they loved more than life itself. They had to witness their own children's heart breaking at the same time that their precious grandchild's hearts were being operated on, more than once.

They experienced joy, relief and happiness unlike anything they ever knew existed. They know they are blessed and they are accepting and loving and thankful and strong. They have educated themselves about the anatomy of the heart. They have learned how to feed their grand babies through a g-tube. They have watched with awe and pride as their young daughters and sons became the best parents in the world and cared for their little heart babies as if they were born to do it. These ladies have not told me their whole stories, just as I haven't revealed all of mine. We are just meeting each other. I think its calming and reassuring for us to know that we aren't alone.

Thank you so much for sharing with me. If anyone would like me to add a link to your grandchild's website, please let me know as I would love to do that.

Anne

2 comments:

Just Sue said...

I will check your blog often in hopes of hearing some fun grandkid stories. I also want to hear how Drew is progressing. It's so nice to know you are there. We all care sooo much about these little ones, and their amazing parents.

Anonymous said...

It is hard for me to even phathom what it would be like to be a grandparent going through this experience. Not only are you watching your grandchildren having to endure the countless pokes, doctors appointments, surgeries and follow-up,you are watching your babies in pain for their babies. I have heard from my niece that having the support of family is essential, but the support from actual parents like themselves going through what they are experiencing is monumental. I am hoping that this blogspot will do the same for the grandparents as the Heart Support Groups do for the parents. Thank you so much for offering your support and love.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.