Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Drew's 4th Heart Walk

Every year since Drew was born, he has participated in the Heart Walk to help earn money for the cause, first he was in a backpack, then a stroller, and last year he was one of the VIP’s and got to cut the ribbon at the start of the walk. This year, Andrea received a call from the American Heart Association asking if she would be willing to speak at their Kick-Off at the end of June, but unfortunately had to pass that up since Drew was still in the hospital recovering from his third open heart surgery. That surgery has provided Drew with more energy and stamina than ever before and this year they are hoping that he can walk the whole way. The entire Himmelberger family will participate in the walk and if you are interested in donating for this very worthy cause, please click on the title of this blog above or here to view the pledge page and/or donate.

Thank you for your love and support!

Anne and all the other Heart Grandma's

2 comments:

Mami Adame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mami Adame said...

Sorry, I know you mean your blog to be geared towards grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles, etc. But as a DiGeorge Mommy, I have to tell you that what you are doing is admirable. I often see that fear or sadness in my mom's eyes. I can imagine how her pain must be two fold, 1st to see me, her eldest daughter stressed and in tears, and second for her youngest granddaughter.
I will send my sisters your way, maybe they have venting to do too. My mom's 2nd language is english, and while I think she would understand most of your blog, she is not computer savvy...maybe some day.
Take care,
Ana
www.AngelHeart2.blogspot.com

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.