Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ana's Comment - Thank You!

Today I checked my blog and got the sweetest message from Ana, the brave and caring mom of a beautiful little girl with DiGeorge Syndrome and CHD. I'm hoping she won't mind my sharing part of her comment here because it really touches on why I started my blog.

Ana wrote, "Sorry, I know you mean your blog to be geared towards grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles, etc. But as a DiGeorge Mommy, I have to tell you that what you are doing is admirable. I often see that fear or sadness in my mom's eyes. I can imagine how her pain must be two fold, 1st to see me, her eldest daughter stressed and in tears, and second for her youngest granddaughter. I will send my sisters your way, maybe they have venting to do too."

Well, Ana, you touched my heart, so I added a line to my blog description to make sure all parents feel welcome here, too, and if your sisters need to vent, I am here! If they or anyone wants to vent or talk in private, my email is stimacs@att.net.

I know your mom is very,very proud of you! I know, because I am more proud of my daughter every day. Sometimes we are so concerned with the grandkids, we forget to tell you that. The fact that you have such empathy for what she is dealing with, in the midst of everything you and your darling daughter are going through, is a truly beautiful thing.





September 24, 2008 12:28 PM
Delete

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.