Saturday, September 13, 2008

Purlple Toenails

What a nice weekend I'm having!

Yesterday was my birthday and although I started the day wishing that time didn't have to go by quite so quickly, my mood abruptly changed when Andrea called me on my way to work and both Drew and Ava sang their versions of Happy Birthday to
Grandma. I was in a good mood the rest of the day! Ava told me she wanted to come to my house and Drew told me he wanted me to go to his house. Then, they both wanted to talk to Grandpa which started the whole "why he at work?" and "why you in your car?" and I loved every minute of it. Drew wanted to know what presents I was getting and I told him a bracelet and some wine,which turned out to be true. My boss showered me with Brighton jewelry. She got me two pairs of earrings, a bracelet, a Brighton candle and Brighton mints (hmmm is she hinting at my breath, maybe?) My sweet co-worker gave me a Brighton necklace and bracelet. I was so touched at all the attention and that they remembered that I love Brighton. One of the reasons is that the Brighton family has a heart baby, an adult now who is doing great, and they donate quite a bit to different Heart Foundations. Most of their jewelry, purses, etc. have hearts on them for that reason.

I heard from my whole family on my birthday, which is the best gift in the world. My mom, who is 82 and legally blind just started a ceramics class at her local senior citizen center. She sent me her first completed project. Two angels kissing. When she was much younger her ceramics projects were perfectly completed, this one has little flaws all over which makes it that much sweeter to me. (Don't tell her about the flaws, please, she can't see them.) My dad and step-mom came by my office with a beautiful bracelet for me. Tomorrow Tommy and Lisa, my dad and Maria are taking us out to dinner. I guess turning 55 is a milestone, because I can't remember getting this much attention for a birthday in a long time.

Today Steve and I are going on a relaxing day of movie going, lunch and dinner out and then a night at the local Hyatt in Valencia. Not too dramatic, but hey, we will sleep in a king size bed and that is enough to have us both excited. Anyway, I just realized that my toenails are still purple. When Drew and Ava were here a few weeks ago, I was getting a pedicure and I asked Drew what color I should get on my toenails. He replied, "Purple, thats my favorite color." So, of course I got purple and they are still purple. Hmm... I hope the Hyatt crowd doesn't laugh at me.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.