Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Grandma, let's go to a meeting!"

Today we had the glorious pleasure of having our grandchildren all to ourselves. Their parents took off for a well deserved 4 day cruise. They both turned 30 this year and after going through Drew's recent heart surgery and all that came before hand and afterwards, they had much to celebrate and a lot of earned relaxation coming to them. I am so honored that they are trusting us with such precious cargo and really take it as a testimony that they don't think I''m as old and senile as I sometimes think I am. I'm sure it helps that Drew is down to only two medications now, not so much to keep track of anymore.

Here's a cute story: We were pretty much relishing in spoiling the kids rotten today and were keeping busy with videos, games, play-doh and Hungry Hungry, Hippo. They both helped me make a batch of brownies and then a homemade pizza for dinner. They ate so much of the ingredients, I was surprised that they ate dinner at all, but they did. Their mother, my daughter, is so active in church and children's heart organizations that a normal day for the kids is tagging along to these functions as well as swimming lessons, grocery shopping, Gymboree, etc. We thought they would enjoy a whole day at home and we didn't even get them out of their pajamas until well into the afternoon. At about 4:00, Drew came up to me and said, "Grandma, lets go to a meeting." I asked him what kind of meeting he wanted to go to and he said, "I don't know, just a meeting... maybe a toy meeting."

Tomorrow we're taking them to the beach!

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.